In 2009, the Townsville 400 won the Event of the Year Award at the annual V8 Supercar Gala Awards Ceremony.
With over 168,000 people attending the three day event in its first year, the precinct and venue has been an enormous success. iEDM was responsible for the Event Overlay Design and Delivery and worked tirelessly in close consultation with key stakeholders to ensure the success of the event. iEDM are currently contracted as Engineering Project Manager to deliver services for this event.
iEDM’s core responsibilities for the Townsville 400 are as follows:
- Masterplanning of Event Overlay;
- Event Construction and Project Management;
- Seating Layouts, Corporate Layouts and Merchandising Layouts;
- Construction Programming;
- Stakeholder Consultation and Management;
- Traffic Management on behalf of Townsville City Council;
- Venue Management of Precinct during Event;
- Risk Management;
- Provision of over 80 detailed drawings for construction and operations of the precinct;
- Provision of Safety Officers and Industrial Relations Management;
- Circuit Design and Certification to CAMS (FIA) Standards.