iEDM and URBIS were engaged by Rockhampton Regional Council to undertake preliminary site investigations to verify site suitability for a motorsport precinct at a greenfeild site in Rockhampton.
The exercise considered available space for a variety of facilities, associated project risk and the identification of the appropriate approvals pathway.
RRC vision inspired an integrated concept that fully utilised existing site features and opportunities.
Consideration to the local built and natural environment was the foundation which delivered a well-considered, robust analysis of the potential risks to the project.
The Site Suitability and Risk Analysis provided confidence to proceed into masterplanning. This was achieved through:
- Preliminary integrated precinct design, suitable for multiple categories; including Speedway, Drag Racing, Touring Cars, Motorcycles and Motocross;
- Analysis and benchmarking against other facilities for current and future use;
- Assessment of built and environmental factors;
- Identification of key project risks and mitigation strategies;
- Review of planning and Regulatory framework; and,
- Determination on the appropriate approvals pathways.