iEDM had various engagements in the lead up to and during the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games, working for the Organising Corporation, Gold Coast City Council, the Department of State Development, Infrastructure and Planning and assisting Contractors to deliver overlay scope.
We were engaged by Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games Corporation (GOLDOC) between 2014 and 2018 to provide Event Engineering Project Management Panel Services. During this time, iEDM developed a detailed knowledge of the project and importantly, the venues and overlay design requirements. Over the course of the 4 year project, iEDM delivered some of the following projects:
- Venue Baseline Services Engineering Audits;
- Various Overlay Strategy Documents;
- Feasibility Study for a Temporary Roof over the Gold Coast Aquatic Centre;
- Acted as GOLDOC rep for the Feasibility Study into the Metricon Stadium Northern Stand;
- Seconded staff into GOLDOC Venue, Delivery and Overlay team (VDO);
- Delivered the first test event – the 2014 Pan Pacific Swimming Championships at Gold Coast Aquatic Centre;
- Live Sites Overlay and Feasibility Study;
- Commonwealth House initial Feasibility Study; and,
- Seconded approximately 6 staff with Moreton Hire for the delivery of approximately 45,000 square metres of temporary structure, HVAC and sub-structure.
Key iEDM personnel became trusted local advisers for GOLDOC over the course of the Games development and we continue to maintain strong relationships with those parties after the Games has finished.