The Newcastle 500 project went beyond a street circuit, encompassing major infrastructure upgrades and urban revitalisation. It involved new water mains, smart city infrastructure, telecommunications networks, stormwater networks, and the creation of additional parking spaces.
The circuit's design also facilitated the fast-tracking of the "Bather's Way" project, a flagship initiative of the City of Newcastle Coastal Revitalisation program.
- 6,000 sq. metres of elevated trackside hospitality suites
- 3,122 grandstand seats
- 3,388 sq. metres of on-ground marquees
- 77 portable buildings
- 16 portable toilet blocks
- 286 single/accessible toilet units
- 4 overpass bridge spans
- 69 portable generators/light towers
- 9.7 km of temporary fencing
- 6.5 km of track barriers
- 281 sq. metres of Super Screens
- 5200+ items of furniture
- 4,169 sq. metres of temporary flooring
The Newcastle 500 project brought significant economic stimulus, urban revitalization, improved connectivity, and community engagement. It boosted tourism, created jobs, enhanced public spaces, and promoted a sense of civic pride.